Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 01/15/2015 09:57 AM, girish R G peetle wrote:
> Thanks Joshua. Even if we have a long transaction running on the
> database, pg_dump shouldn't be affected right ? As it doesn't block
> readers or writers.

Correct. It does not block readers or writers, it does however block
routine maintenance most of the time, which will cause bloat to pile up,
making your reads (and writes) go slower as the pages become more
fragmented.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should
              not be surprised when they come back as Romans."