Re: Serialization exception : Who else was involved? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Serialization exception : Who else was involved?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/02/2014 06:17 PM, Olivier MATROT wrote:
> Serialization conflict detection is done in
> *src/backend/storage/lmgr/predicate.c*, where transactions that are
> doomed to fail are marked as such with *the SXACT_FLAG_DOOMED* flag.
>
> I simply added elog(...) calls with the NOTIFY level, each time the flag
> is set, compiled the code and give it a try.

I don't see how that'd necessarily correctly identify the query/queries
in the other tx that're involved, though.

Perhaps I'm thinking in terms of more complicated serialization
failures? What sorts of failures are you actually running into?