Re: small regression adjustment - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: small regression adjustment
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 03/26/2014 11:37 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> At least this one seems rather difficult to fix in this fashion:
>>
>> output/create_function_1.source:83:ERROR:  could not find function "nosuchsymbol" in file
"@libdir@/regress@DLSUFFIX@"

>> (I'm a bit inclined to think that we could dispense with @DLSUFFIX@
>> altogether; explicit use of the platform's library suffix has been
>> deprecated for at least a decade.  But the others are harder.)

> Well, maybe we should change dfmgr.c to stop outputting the DLSUFFIX in
> its error message.

If it weren't in the input command, it wouldn't be in the message either,
I think.  It's the @libdir@ part of that that's problematic.

> But even if we find it too troublesome to get rid if the substitution
> part altogether, I think minimizing the need for it would still be worth
> doing. It would help extension authors, for example, who are most likely
> to want to use it to load data files for testing their extensions.

Yeah, I suppose getting down to one file needing a replacement would still
be a significant improvement over the current situation.