Re: Initdb-cs_CZ.WIN-1250 buildfarm failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Initdb-cs_CZ.WIN-1250 buildfarm failures
Date
Re: Initdb-cs_CZ.WIN-1250 buildfarm failures  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 20.12.2014 19:05, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> writes:
>> I believe the locale system (at the OS level) works just like before. I
>> remember I had to manually create the locales while initially setting up
>> the animals. Then, ~2 months ago something happened (I asssume a yum
>> update) and some of the locales disappeared. But I have recreated them,
>> except for sk_SK.WIN-1250. But the tests fail because of cs_CZ.WIN-1250
>> which does exist.
>
> I am betting that you recreated them differently from before.

Aaaaand you're probably right. Apparently, I recreated them like this:
 $ localedef -v -c -i cs_CZ -f WIN-1250 cs_CZ.WIN-1250

but the correct way seems to be this:
 $ localedef -v -c -i cs_CZ -f CP1250 cs_CZ.WIN-1250

>> However when I tried to initialize a
>> cluster with cs_CZ.WIN-1250, I got an error like this:
>
>> [pgbuild@regular-builds ~]$ pg_ctl -D tmp-data init
>> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "pgbuild".
>> This user must also own the server process.
>
>> The database cluster will be initialized with locale "cs_CZ.WIN-1250".
>> could not determine encoding for locale "cs_CZ.WIN-1250": codeset is
>> "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
>> initdb: could not find suitable encoding for locale "cs_CZ.WIN-1250"
>
> Locale cs_CZ.WIN-1250 is evidently marked with a codeset property of
> "ANSI_X3.4-1968" (which means old-school US-ASCII).  That's certainly
> wrong.  I believe the correct thing would be "CP1250".

Yes. I fixed the locales and added the locales back to the client
configuration.

regards
Tomas Vondra