Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/19/2014 12:28 AM, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

>> To me that's a bit over the top stereotyping.
>>

> +1
>
> Having been mentioned one or two times myself - it was an unexpected
> "wow - cool" rather than a grumpy/fragile "I must be noticed" thing. I
> think some folk have forgotten the underlying principle of the open
> source community - it is about freely giving - time or code etc. The
> "there must be something in it for me me me" meme is - well - the
> *other* world view.

It was supposed to be over the top. That doesn't make it any less true.
Sure there are plenty of us that don't have any of the ego petting
issues. However,t there are more of us in those of us that think we
don't, that really, really do.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should             not be surprised when they come back as
Romans."