Re: High CPU shoot during poll retry - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: High CPU shoot during poll retry
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 12/17/2014 04:01 PM, Gaurav Srivastava wrote:
> Hi Heikki,
>
> Sincere thanks for your quick responses.
>
> Can we have similar functionality added in psqlODBC as in unmodified code
> when nowait==False it waits for "infinite duration" ,Instead If we have a
> configured timed wait,anybody can configure it as per their requirement.

Yeah, that would be nice. The ODBC standard way to do it is to set the
SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT attribute with SQLSetStmtAttr. It's not supported
by the psqlodbc driver, however. It probably would be quite difficult to
implement,  but patches are welcome..

You could also do "set statement_timeout=2" to set a timeout in the
server, but that wouldn't help with network problems.

- Heikki