Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/12/2014 06:30 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> Yeah, that would be great, and even better if we could get 2 or 3
> positions funded so that the success or failure isn't too much tied to
> a single individual.  But even getting 1 position funded in a
> stable-enough fashion that someone would be willing to bet on it seems
> like a challenge.  (Maybe other people here are less risk-averse than
> I am.)

We (not CMD, the community) with proper incentive could fund this. It
really wouldn't be that hard. That said, there would have to be a clear
understanding of expectations, results, and authority.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should             not be surprised when they come back as
Romans."