Re: Fwd: Fwd: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Fwd: Fwd: Problem with pg_dump and decimal mark
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/10/2014 01:32 AM, Eric Svenson wrote:
> So, one more success...
>
> I have taken a part of the backup SQL file which fills the table
>
> COPY dev_my_settings (.....) from stdin;
> 12345  text   text   0   123.345345
>
> This file ALONE works! (without changing ANYTHING!)

Hmm, almost like the encoding/locale is changing in the complete file.

> So if I run the first (huge) SQL file and then the second, which fills
> the dev_my_settings table, everything is ok.

FYI if you do a pg_dump using the custom format(-Fc) you have more
control over the restore. You can run pg_restore -l against the dump
file to get a Table of Contents(TOC), which you can edit by commenting
out items you do not want to restore and then feed back to pg_restore
via -L. You also have the option to 'restore' all or part of the custom
file to a text file using the -f option. The details can be found here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/app-pgrestore.html

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com