Table transfer - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jorge Alberto Fuentes Casillas
Subject Table transfer
Date
Re: Table transfer  (Mladen Gogala <mladen.gogala@vmsinfo.com>)
List pgsql-novice
    Good day to all of you.

    Currently i have 2 databases in my postgresql server, and i want to transfer the data from my db1.table1 to my db2.table2.

Both of the tables are very simmilar from each other, so, what i want to do, is to transfer mostly of the rows from one table to the other. I was wondering if you could please help me on how doing this, what i want to know, is if there's something like this:

NSERT INTO db1.table_1 (table1_row1,table1_row2,table1_row3,...,...,...,)

FROM db2.table_2 (table2_row1,table2_row2,table2_row3,...,...,...,)

I hope this haven't been very confusing, I'll appreciate any kind of help that you may provide me. Thousands of thanks in advance.

Greetings.