Re: add modulo (%) operator to pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: add modulo (%) operator to pgbench
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/25/2014 05:10 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
>> Sigh.
>>
>> How to transform a trivial 10 lines patch into a probably 500+ lines project
>> involving flex & bison & some non trivial data structures, and which may get
>> rejected on any ground...
>>
>> Maybe I'll set that as a student project.
>
> I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.  I implemented
> this today in about three hours.  The patch is attached.  It needs
> more testing, documentation, and possibly some makefile adjustments,
> but it seems to basically work.

Looks good to me. The new modulo operator needs documentation, and it
could use a pgindent run, but other than that I think this is ready for
commit.

It would be nice to go even further, and replace process_file,
process_builtin, and process_commands altogether with a Bison parser.
But this is definitely a step in the right direction.

- Heikki