Re: Better name/syntax for "online" index creation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Better name/syntax for "online" index creation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> OK, how about CREATE INDEX x NOLOCK ON tab ...  Please don't use it as
> the first word.  I am afraid we would regret that.
> Or maybe CREATE INDEX x ON tab NOLOCK....  Having the NOLOCK
> associated with the table name makes sense.

psql would be a lot happier if the NOLOCK keyword were in front of
either of the identifiers.  Otherwise it's got to deal with quoting
and possible schema qualification.

I have no objection to either of these syntaxes as long as someone else
writes the psql patch, however ;-)