Re: pg_multixact not getting truncated - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pg_multixact not getting truncated
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/12/2014 06:57 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> How did template0 even get a MultiXact? That sounds like they're really abusing the template databases. :( (Do keep
inmind that MXID 1 is a special value.)

> No, it's normal -- template0 does not have a multixact in any tuple's
> xmax, but datminxid is set to the value that is current when it is
> frozen.

So, to follow up on this: it seems to me that we shouldn't be requiring
freezing for databases where allowconn=false.  This seems like a TODO to
me, even possibly a backpatchable bug fix.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.