Re: postgres_fdw behaves oddly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: postgres_fdw behaves oddly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2014/11/19 15:56), Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Etsuro Fujita
> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp <mailto:fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp>> wrote:
>     (2014/11/19 14:58), Ashutosh Bapat wrote:

>         May be we should modify use_physical_tlist() to return
>         false in
>         case of RELKIND_FOREIGN_TABLE, so that we can use tlist in
>         create_foreignscan_plan(). I do not see any create_*_plan() function
>         using reltargetlist directly.

>     Yeah, I think we can do that, but I'm not sure that we should use
>     tlist in create_foreignscan_plan(), not rel->reltargetlist.  How
>     about leaving this for committers to decide.

> I am fine with that. May be you want to add an XXX comment there to
> bring it to the committer's notice.

It's ok, but I'm not convinced with your idea.  So, I think the comment
can be adequately described by you, not by me.  So, my proposal is for
you to add the comment to the CF app.  Could you do that?

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita