Re: zweidimensionale Statistiken in Postgres - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Katharina Büchse
Subject Re: zweidimensionale Statistiken in Postgres
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

I was unsure to which mailing list to write, in my opinion psql-hackers
would fit best, but as it is not recommended to write there directly,
I'm trying here.
I'm a phd-student at the university of Jena, Thüringen, Germany, in the
field of data bases, more accurate query optimization.
I want to implement a system in PostgreSQL that detects column
correlations and creates statistical data about correlated columns for
the optimizer. Therefore I need to store two dimensional statistics
(especially two dimensional histograms) in PostgreSQL. I would like to
know where I have to "touch" the source code and make changes, so that
the PostgreSQL optimizer will also take into consideration my
statistical data? I also need a possibility to extract data from query
results (tuple counts and, speaking a little inaccurately, the
where-part of the query itself). Of course I tried to have a look at the
PostgreSQL source code, but it's impossible to understand everything
within a few weeks or even months....

I'd be grateful for any advices.
Regards,

Katharina