Re: tracking commit timestamps - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: tracking commit timestamps
Date
Re: tracking commit timestamps  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/3/14 5:17 PM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>> Please don't name anything "committs".  That looks like a misspelling of
>> something.
>>
>> There is nothing wrong with
>>
>> pg_get_transaction_commit_timestamp()
>>
>> If you want to reduce the length, lose the "get".
>>

> I am fine with that, I only wonder if your definition of "anything" only
> concerns the SQL interfaces or also the internals.

I'd be fine with commit_ts for internals, but not committs.

One day, you'll need a function or data structure that works with
multiple of these, and then you'll really be in naming trouble. ;-)