Possible micro-optimization in CacheInvalidateHeapTuple - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Possible micro-optimization in CacheInvalidateHeapTuple
Date
List pgsql-hackers
CacheInvalidateHeapTuple currently does the following tests first; would there be a performance improvement to testing
thesystem relation case first? We're almost never in bootstrap mode, so that test is almost always a waste. Is there
anyreason not to switch the two?

/* Do nothing during bootstrap */if (IsBootstrapProcessingMode())    return;
/* * We only need to worry about invalidation for tuples that are in system * relations; user-relation tuples are never
incatcaches and can't affect * the relcache either. */if (!IsSystemRelation(relation))    return;