Re: query visibility - trigger order - bug? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: query visibility - trigger order - bug?
Date
List pgsql-general
"=?iso-8859-2?B?U1rbQ1MgR+Fib3I=?=" <surrano@mailbox.hu> writes:
> I know that order of triggers on the same event are undetermined in psql7.2,
> but this case is not about that (I think). Also, the mail may seem to be
> long, but it is probably enough to read the abstract. Please read on.

> I don't know if it's a bug in 7.2.1 or it's a concept I should know about.

I believe the issue here has to do with when query snapshots get frozen.
This is something we've mucked about with repeatedly --- 7.2 is
different from either 7.1 or 7.3, IIRC.  But I'm not sure if 7.3 fixes
your problem or not.  Would you be willing to boil down your example into
a self-contained test case that we could run to study the behavior?

            regards, tom lane