Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/07/2014 09:44 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:
> We can think in a mechanism to create "properties / options" and assign it
> to objects (table, index, column, schema, ...) like COMMENT does.
>
> A quickly thought:
>
> CREATE OPTION [ IF NOT EXISTS ] name
>     VALIDATOR valfunction
>     [ DEFAULT value ];
>
> ALTER TABLE name
>     SET OPTION optname { TO | = } { value | 'value' | DEFAULT };
>
> It's just a simple thought of course. We must think better about the syntax
> and purposes.

If we're going to do this (and it seems like a good idea), we really,
really, really need to include some general system views which expose
the options in a user-friendly format (like columns, JSON or an array).It's already very hard for users to get
informationabout what
reloptions have been set.

--
Josh Berkus