Re: postgresql-9.5.3 compilation on Solaris SPARC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgresql-9.5.3 compilation on Solaris SPARC
Date
Re: postgresql-9.5.3 compilation on Solaris SPARC  (Venkata Balaji N <nag1010@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Venkata Balaji N <nag1010@gmail.com> writes:
> "make" command is generating the following error while compiling
> postgresql-9.5.3 on Solaris SPARC.

> symbol                             in file
> atomic_cas_64                       port/atomics.o
> atomic_cas_32                       port/atomics.o

Hmm.  Do you get any warnings about references to those functions earlier
in the build?

src/include/port/atomics/generic-sunpro.h cites these references
as authority for believing that those functions exist in Solaris:

   http://www.unix.com/man-page/opensolaris/3c/atomic_cas/
   http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1465/atomic-cas-3c.html

I see that the first of those mentions it's for SunOS 5.11 whereas your
machine says it's 5.10 ... is it possible the functions were new in 5.11?

            regards, tom lane