Re: Beyond the 1600 columns limit on windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Beyond the 1600 columns limit on windows
Date
List pgsql-general
"Evandro's mailing lists (Please, don't send personal messages to this address)" <listasjr@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm doing a PhD in data mining and I need more than 1600 columns.

I don't think so --- consider redesigning your data model instead.
For instance, maybe you could combine similar columns into an array.
Or split the table into an m:n linking structure.  Even coming close
to that implementation limit suggests bad SQL design; if we thought
it was a realistic problem we would have increased it long ago...

            regards, tom lane