help: function failing - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From George Neuner
Subject help: function failing
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

I am using Postgresql 9.3.5 on Ubuntu and I have a sudden, unexplained
failure in a function that has been working for a long time.

--------------- code ----------------
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION gen_random()
   RETURNS double precision AS
$BODY$
DECLARE
    num   float8 := 0;
    den   float8 := 281474976710655; -- 0xFFFFFFFFFFFF
    bytes bytea[6];
BEGIN
    -- get random bytes from crypto module
    bytes := ext.gen_random_bytes(6);