Re: Patch to allow setting schema/search_path in the connectionURL - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Patch to allow setting schema/search_path in the connectionURL
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 9/22/2014 10:39 PM, stagirus wrote:
> But in some cases, while using JDBC and third-party tools, we don't have the
> luxury of running "set search_path."

why not?  its a simple SQL command.

personally, I find the default search_path to be perfect for our needs.
we make extensive use of schema's named the same as the application
roles, and we put common tables used by all roles in public.

anyways, you SHOULD be able to set the search_path per role, not sure
why that didn't work for you, but I'm too tired now to cook up an
example showing it works as designed.