Re: FW: [GENERAL] Re: [ADMIN] Cannot retrieve images inserted through VB and odbc, after a table reorganization. - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Inoue, Hiroshi
Subject Re: FW: [GENERAL] Re: [ADMIN] Cannot retrieve images inserted through VB and odbc, after a table reorganization.
Date
In response to FW: [GENERAL] Re: [ADMIN] Cannot retrieve images inserted through VB and odbc, after a table reorganization.  (Alanoly Andrews <alanolya@invera.com>)
Responses Re: FW: [GENERAL] Re: [ADMIN] Cannot retrieve images inserted through VB and odbc, after a table reorganization.  (Alanoly Andrews <alanolya@invera.com>)
List pgsql-odbc
(2014/09/08 23:03), Alanoly Andrews wrote:
> Hello experts in postgres-odbc,
>
> The following was the latest in a series of posts that I had made to the admin and general discussion groups. This
postcontains an excerpt from the log produced by the postgres odbc client when an attempt was made to retrieve an image
storedon a backend postgres database (AIX server). The postgres database is 9.1.4 version. The column containing the
imageis defined as type "lo". The SQL is a simple one of the type "select image from table where image_key=keyvalue".
Inthe early part of the log all return codes are 0. When the return code is 1, we get the "The buffer was too small for
theGetData" and "Error reading from large object" messages. Would any of you know what these messages mean and how we
canget around the problem? The code for sql retrieval is written in VB code. It should be noted that the same image(s)
areretrievable through non VB/ODBC applications.

> Feedback very much appreciated.
>
> Alanoly Andrews.

messagesrelevant to this issue.
> 3. We set the trace on in the odbc driver and got a large log file, from which I give below the part that I think is
significant.

> It refers to the "buffer size being too small". Where, in the odc settings,  do we set the buffer size?

It isn't a problem.

> STELimageViewOn 834-fec          EXIT  SQLGetData  with return code 1 (SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO)
>                                  HSTMT               0x002BFC70
>                                  UWORD                        2
>                                  SWORD                        1 <SQL_C_CHAR>
>                                  PTR                 0x0018EECF [       0] ""
>                                  SQLLEN                     0
>                                  SQLLEN *            0x0018EEA4 (6)
>
>                                  DIAG [01004] The buffer was too small for the GetData. (-2)
>
> STELimageViewOn 834-fec          ENTER SQLGetData
>                                  HSTMT               0x002BFC70
>                                  UWORD                        2
>                                  SWORD                       -2 <SQL_C_BINARY>
>                                  PTR                 <unknown type>
>                                  SQLLEN                     0
>                                  SQLLEN *            0x0018EE54
>
> STELimageViewOn 834-fec          EXIT  SQLGetData  with return code 1 (SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO)
>                                  HSTMT               0x002BFC70
>                                  UWORD                        2
>                                  SWORD                       -2 <SQL_C_BINARY>
>                                  PTR                 <unknown type>
>                                  SQLLEN                     0
>                                  SQLLEN *            0x0018EE54 (46165)
>
>                                  DIAG [01004] The buffer was too small for the GetData. (-2)
>
> STELimageViewOn 834-fec          ENTER SQLGetData
>                                  HSTMT               0x002BFC70
>                                  UWORD                        2
>                                  SWORD                       -2 <SQL_C_BINARY>
>                                  PTR                 <unknown type>
>                                  SQLLEN                 32768
>                                  SQLLEN *            0x003CE284
>

> STELimageViewOn 834-fec          EXIT  SQLGetData  with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR)
>                                  HSTMT               0x002BFC70
>                                  UWORD                        2
>                                  SWORD                       -2 <SQL_C_BINARY>
>                                  PTR                 <unknown type>
>                                  SQLLEN                 32768
>                                  SQLLEN *            0x003CE284

>                                  DIAG [S1000] Error reading from large object. (1)

This is a problem.
Could you take Mylog output and send it to me?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan