Re: barman package - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: barman package
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On 09/05/2014 09:51 PM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
> Oh, I see now: The previous package comes from Fedora repo with *fc20*
> suffix, and the update comes from our repo with *f20* suffix. You may
> want to exclude the package in Fedora repo. It worked for me that way.

I'm not convinced that is it, though something funky is sure going on.

By dist tag alone, rpm should prefer the new barman:

$ rpmdev-vercmp 1.3.3-1.f20 1.3.2-1.fc20
1.3.3-1.f20 > 1.3.2-1.fc20

and if you examine the package metadata, you'll see that %dist isn't
even preserved, it's just part of the %release tag.

# repoquery --qf '%{dist}' barman
Invalid querytag 'dist' for repo pkg: barman-1.3.3-1.f20.noarch
# repoquery --qf '%{name}' barman
barman
repoquery --qf '%{version}' barman
1.3.3
# repoquery --qf '%{release}' barman
1.f20
# repoquery barman
barman-0:1.3.3-1.f20.noarch

There's something not right, but I'm not sure the dist tag is the
explanation.

Additionally, I'm puzzled that on my Fedora 20 system I don't see a
barman in updates at all, only the PGDG

# yum --enablerepo updates list all barman
Installed Packages
barman.noarch         1.3.3-1.f20          @pgdg93

... and no, it's not found by repoquery either. I just don't have a
barman in updates here, yet it clearly exists at some level:

 PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Service,