Re: BUG #11350: ALTER SYSTEM is not DDL? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tomonari Katsumata
Subject Re: BUG #11350: ALTER SYSTEM is not DDL?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Thank you for checking this.

Originally this feature might have been close to SET,
but currently has an 'ALTER' keyword.
Many users don't know this and would be confusing with reading the manual.

I made a quick patch for fixing this.
Could you check it?

regards,
-------------
Tomonari Katsumata

(2014/09/05 5:12), Andres Freund wrote:
 > On 2014-09-04 15:14:56 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
 >> * Amit Kapila (amit.kapila16@gmail.com) wrote:
 >>> with

 >>> Currently it is considered similar to SET statement as it performs
 >>> similar operation except that the value for configuration gets set
 >>> in configuration file.  Do you see any reason for it to be considered
 >>> differently except that the command has ALTER keyword?
 >>
 >> Uh, it's nothing like SET as SET only affects the current session.
 >>
 >> It's much, much closer to ALTER ROLE, which correctly logs at the DDL
 >> level.  This should be fixed, and before 9.4 goes out...
 >
 > +1.
 >
 > Greetings,
 >
 > Andres Freund

Attachment