Re: [SOLVED] Re: UUID generation problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [SOLVED] Re: UUID generation problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/7/20 2:24 PM, Rob Sargent wrote:

> On 10/6/20 9:35 AM, James B. Byrne wrote:
>> Thank you all for the help.  This is what ultimate resolved the issue
>> for me:
>>

>> [root@accounting-2 ~ (master)]#  psql -E --dbname=idempiere
>> --username=postgres
>> --host=localhost
>> Password for user postgres:
>> psql (11.8)
>> Type "help" for help.
>>
>> idempiere(5432)=#  select current_schemas(true);
>>     current_schemas
>> ---------------------
>>   {pg_catalog,public}
>> (1 row)
>>
>> idempiere(5432)=# ALTER ROLE idempiere_dbadmin SET search_path TO
>> adempiere,public;
>> ALTER ROLE
>>
>> idempiere(5432)=# \q
>>
>> [root@accounting-2 ~ (master)]#  psql -E --dbname=idempiere
>> --username=idempiere_dbadmin --host=localhost
>> Password for user idempiere_dbadmin:
>> psql (11.8)
>> Type "help" for help.
>>
>> idempiere(5432)=#  select current_schemas(true);
>>          current_schemas
>> -------------------------------
>>   {pg_catalog,adempiere,public}
>>

> I wonder what affect installing uuid-ossp in template1 /before/ starting
> with the idempiere installation might have had.  Such that 'create
> database idempiere;' would have put all the related functions in place
> immediately?

Well the issue was not the extension install. It was there. The problem
was the hide and seek with the search_path.  The idempiere_dbadmin role
had a database setting that overrode the default search_path and
prevented non-schema qualified calls to the functions to fail for that role.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com