Re: Optimization for updating foreign tables in Postgres FDW - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Optimization for updating foreign tables in Postgres FDW
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2014/08/27 23:05), Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>>> Hmm, I'm worried that may be an API contract violation.

> Actually, there's another problem there.  What of UPDATE or DELETE with a
> LIMIT clause, which is something that seems to be coming down the pike:
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1550

I'd like to try to extend the functionality so as to push
UPDATE/DELETE-with-LIMIT down into the remote server if it's safe.  But
I don't yet know if it's possible, because I started looking into the
UPDATE/DELETE-with-LIMIT patch just now ...

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita