Re: BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 18 Aug 2021, at 13:44, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> I think this both of these things could be deleted and we could get rid of the --quiet option, to simplify all this.

It simplifies the pg_amcheck code a bit, but it at the same time complicates
the tests as they are currently written.  Not sure that we want to change that
much as this point in the 14 cycle?

> Neither of these behaviors is in common with any other PostgreSQL tool.

That I agree with.