Re: postgresql referencing and creating types as record - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: postgresql referencing and creating types as record
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/10/2014 09:50 PM, Vaishali Maheshkar wrote:

> SIR,
>
> THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY ,

CCing list.

> actually i m trying to create record type data in postgres , but i cant
> declare it directly as in oracle my purpose is to create types of record
> type in oracle it was done by creating a package and declaring all the
> types inside it.
> Then used it with
> other packages as :
> create or replace function IT_R_A_get_se_CE_without_org
> (
>     in_LT_PAYMENT    in    CUM_A_TYPES. LT_PAYMENT
>      out_se_ce_hashmap        out
> IT_CUSTOM_RECORD_TYPES.LT_NUMBER_HASHMAP
> )
> as..
>

> i want to convert this package to postgres.
>
> it would be great if i get the solution.

The solution(s) have already been presented. Either get EDB Advanced
Server Plus and its Oracle compatibility features or use the links below
to craft your own solution. The basic issue is the community version of
Postgres does not have packages, so you will need to go another route if
you stick with it. That route would most likely revolve around using
CREATE TYPE to create the types you had in the package. Another way
would be to use IN and OUT parameters to a function which is shown in
the links below. The method you choose is dependent on the bigger
picture of what you are doing with the database/application/middleware.
Only you have that full picture, so there is only so much we can do from
this end.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com