Re: pageinspect forks - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: pageinspect forks
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 08/10/2014 03:24 PM, MauMau wrote:
> From: "Vik Fearing" <vik.fearing@dalibo.com>
>> I noticed that the documentation for pageinspect lists the different
>> forks but omits the initialization fork.
>>
>> Here is a trivial patch to fix that.
>
> Could you also improve the doc by changing "table" to "relation" in the
> description of get_raw_page()?  Having a quick look at the code, it
> seems that the function can also handle indexes.
>
>        table and returns a copy as a <type>bytea</> value.  This allows a

Good catch.  I wasn't sure whether using "relation" or "table or index"
was better, but after a quick test it seems it works for sequences, too,
so I've gone with "relation".

It doesn't work with views, of course, but it does work with
materialized views.

Modified patch attached.
--
Vik