Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> value-to-be-compressed.  (first_success_by is 1024 in the default set of
> compression parameters.)

Curious idea: we could swap JEntry array and values: values in the
begining of type will be catched by pg_lzcompress. But we will need to
know offset of JEntry array, so header will grow up till 8 bytes
(actually, it will be a varlena header!)

--
Teodor Sigaev                      E-mail: teodor@sigaev.ru                                      WWW:
http://www.sigaev.ru/