How to get PG 9.3 for a RaspberryPI (Debian Wheezy)? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas
Subject How to get PG 9.3 for a RaspberryPI (Debian Wheezy)?
Date
Re: How to get PG 9.3 for a RaspberryPI (Debian Wheezy)?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,
how can I get a working PG 9.3 for a RaspberryPI (Debian Wheezy)?
In the Raspian repository is only a V9.1 and the Debian repo of
postgresql.org has no ARM binaries.

I found a howto that describes how to fetch the source from
postgresql.org, compile it and set up a local repository with those
homecooked deb-packages.

I compiled those packages:
postgresql-9.3
postgresql-common
postgresql-client-common
pgdg-keyring

Then I installed: postgresql-9.3 postgresql-client-9.3
postgresql-contrib-9.3 postgresql-common postgresql-client-common.

At first I could install PG 9.3 and connect with pgAdmin from another
machine as well as with psql on the local console.
The server is set to listen on 192.168.0.2 and 127.0.0.1.

When I tried a small PHP-PDO test file on a local apache2 it ran in a
timeout as I tried to reach the local PG cluster. A PG on another box
was reachable though.
So PHP PDO should be basically OK.

When I checked the logfile of the local PG-9.3 server I found an error
on startup that complained it couldn't bind a IPv4 socket for 5432.
Another error says autovauum is not running.
The server started in the end though and accepted connections.

There seems to be a socket file in /var/run/postgresql that appeares and
disapperes when I start/stop the PG service.

Someone wrote in a forum to purge the whole cluster and just reinstall it.
I tried this but then aptitude can't rebuild the cluster. Now it rejects
the whole installation because of the missing net socket when it tries
to initialize the cluster.

I then even tried to remove the local repository and install PG 9.1.
That doesn't work either now. Same problem with the socket.

Is there a way to get a working PG9.3 on a Rasberry?

regards
Andreas

PS: Yeah, I do understand a Raspberry is not really an enterprise grade
machine and rather on the lower end of everything but I only want to
have it to get the hang of some web design stuff.