Re: Is there any way to recover updated values from the table(Need old value) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Is there any way to recover updated values from the table(Need old value)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/29/2014 1:29 PM, gajendra s v wrote:
> Sorry to disturb you again, I have imported old backup, is there any
> way to find how many times transaction has happened for 24 hrs
> duration to perticular table with update query because by mistakenly
> our java application has update different values ones.

the backup dump just stores the current values.  and, postgres stores no
history of transactions or anything, unless you've implemented some sort
of auditing mechanism such as triggers that log update/insert events
into special audit tables you've created.