Re: Is there any way to recover updated values from the table(Need old value) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Is there any way to recover updated values from the table(Need old value)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/29/2014 12:50 PM, gajendra s v wrote:
> Is there any way to get history value in postgres database because in
> one table unfortunately we have updated value but we need old data
> check ,Is there any way to find old (Same table has updated multiple
> times),We need oldest data, please inform me is there any way to
> recover data?

got backups?

if you have a basebackup and a complete WAL archive, you can do a
'point-in-time recovery' up to some time prior to the updates that
overwrote your data and retrieve the old values at that transactional point.