Re: No exact/lossy block information in EXPLAIN ANALYZE for a bitmap heap scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: No exact/lossy block information in EXPLAIN ANALYZE for a bitmap heap scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2014/07/14 21:01), Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 7:21 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 5:45 PM, Etsuro Fujita
>> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>>> I've noticed that EXPLAIN ANALYZE shows no information on exact/lossy
>>> blocks for a bitmap heap scan when both the numbers of exact/lossy pages
>>> retrieved by the node are zero.  Such an example is shown below.  I
>>> think it would be better to suppress the 'Heap Blocks' line in that
>>> case, based on the same idea of the 'Buffers' line.  Patch attached.
>>
>> The patch looks good to me. Barring any objection, I will commit this both
>> in HEAD and 9.4.
>
> Committed!

Thanks!

I have another proposal for show_tidbitmap_info().  That is about the
following comment for show_tidbitmap_info():

  /*
   * If it's EXPLAIN ANALYZE, show exact/lossy pages for a
BitmapHeapScan node
   */

ISTM that the words "If it's EXPLAIN ANALYZE" are unnecessary.  As the
function is called in EXPLAIN ANALYZE, so the words are not wrong, but
it doesn't seem to me suitable for the comment for the function itself.
  Patch attached.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita