Re: Question About Roles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Question About Roles
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/02/2014 06:17 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> -- Set user roles
>
> CREATE ROLE admin LOGIN;
> CREATE ROLE executive;
> CREATE ROLE manager;
> CREATE ROLE technician;
>
> and my question is what do I need to do so when a user is added to the
> system the local administrator and the group specified during the
> createuser
> process, she or he can be granted that group's privileges?

I am not following.

Can you show an example of what you are talking about?

Or, is that
> automatic if the role is included in the Users table?

Assuming Users is your own table, Postgres has no way of knowing that
relates to user permissions. It stores that information in the system
catalogs.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com