Re: inherit support for foreign tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Date
Re: inherit support for foreign tables  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
(2014/06/24 16:30), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> (2014/06/23 18:35), Ashutosh Bapat wrote:

>> Selecting tableoid on parent causes an error, "ERROR:  cannot extract
>> system attribute from virtual tuple". The foreign table has an OID which
>> can be reported as tableoid for the rows coming from that foreign table.
>> Do we want to do that?
>
> No.  I think it's a bug.  I'll fix it.

Done.  I think this is because create_foreignscan_plan() makes reference
to attr_needed, which isn't computed for inheritance children.  To aboid
this, I've modified create_foreignscan_plan() to see reltargetlist and
baserestrictinfo, instead of attr_needed.  Please find attached an
updated version of the patch.

Sorry for the delay.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita