Re: python modul pre-import to avoid importing each time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: python modul pre-import to avoid importing each time
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/26/2014 02:14 AM, Rémi Cura wrote:
> Hey,
> thanks for your answer !
>
> Yep you are right, the function I would like to test are going to be
> called a lot (100k times), so even 15 ms per call matters.
>
> I'm still a bit confused by a topic I found here :
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15023080/how-are-import-statements-in-plpython-handled
>
> The answer gives a trick to avoid importing each time, so somehow it
> must be usefull.

Peters answer is based on using the global dictionary SD to store an
imported library. For more information see here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/plpython-sharing.html

> On another internet page (can't find it anymore) somebody mentioned this
> module loading at server startup, one way or another, but gave no
> precision. It seems that the "plpy" python module get loaded by default,
> would'nt it be possible to hack this module to add other import inside it?

In a sense that is what is being suggested above.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com