Re: API change advice: Passing plan invalidation info from the rewriter into the planner? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: API change advice: Passing plan invalidation info from the rewriter into the planner?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/24/2014 10:30 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I haven't been following this thread, but this bit caught my attention.
> I'm not sure I agree that OR is always the right policy either.
> There is a case for a policy that says "forbid these rows to these guys,
> even if they have read permissions from elsewhere".

That's generally considered a "DENY" policy, a concept borrowed from ACLs.

You have access to a resource if:

- You have at least one policy that gives you access AND
- You have no policies that deny you access

> If OR is the only
> way to mix multiple policies there might not be a way to implement this.

I think that's a "later" myself, but we shouldn't design ourselves into
a corner where we can't support deny rules either.