Re: idle_in_transaction_timeout - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: idle_in_transaction_timeout
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/22/2014 09:02 PM, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:
> I (somewhat reluctantly) agree with Kevin that
> "idle_in_transaction_session_timeout" (for FATAL) and
> "idle_transaction_timeout" (for ERROR) would work.

Given that an IIT timeout has been a TODO for at least 6 years before
being addressed, I'm not convinced that we need to worry about what an
eventual error vs. fatal timeout should be named or how it should be
scoped.  Let's attack that when someone actually shows an inclination to
work on it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.