Wal archive way behind in streaming replication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From John Scalia
Subject Wal archive way behind in streaming replication
Date
List pgsql-admin
Came in this morning to numerous complaints from pgpool about the standby servers being behind from the primary.
Lookinginto it, no WAL files had been transferred since late
Friday. All I did was restart the primary and the WAL archving resumed, however, looking at the WAL files on the
standbyservers, this is never going to catch up. Now, I've got the
archive_timeout on the primary = 600 or 10 minutes and I see WAL files in pg_xlog every 10 minutes. As they show up on
thestandby servers, they're also 10 minutes apart, but the
primary is writing *21 and the standby's are only up to *10. Now, like I said prior, with there being 10 minutes (600
seconds)between transfers (the same pace as the WALs are
generated) it will never catch up. Is this really the intended behavior? How would I get the additional WAL files over
tothe standbys without waiting 10 minutes to copy them one
at a time?
--
Jay