Re: msdtc with 32-bit app fails to resolve in-doubt or not-notifed transactions - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Inoue, Hiroshi
Subject Re: msdtc with 32-bit app fails to resolve in-doubt or not-notifed transactions
Date
List pgsql-odbc
(2014/06/21 17:02), Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 06/21/2014 12:52 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
>>
>>> Oops, it's my mistake. It may be better to rewrite the code completely
>>> using libpq APIs instead of ODBC APIs.
>>
>> I don't know if that'll work.

The driver doesn't pass original connection strings to XARMCreate().
It seems possible to pass LIBPQ connection strings.

> ... and in fact there are more issues, too.
>
> If the DSN is using SSPI, MSDTC.exe probably won't be able to
> authenticate to the DB as them. Same with any other kind of connection
> that depends on the properties of the current user account.
>
> Meh.

Yes it's a severe problem.
I'll try to check the good way to do it.

> Given the low uptake of MSDTC and XA with Pg I think a lot of this can
> just be documented away - "don't do that". So I'm not going to go
> charging around trying to find 100% perfect solutions at the expense of
> "good enough for the real world".
>
> Where possible I'd like to find ways to produce useful errors though,
> preferably at transaction enlistment time rather than commit phase II.
> Suggestions would be valued.

It's possible to reject transaction enlistments at XARMCreate() though
I'm not sure if it's possible to tell the cause clearly to users.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan