Re: How to store fixed size images? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: How to store fixed size images?
Date
Re: How to store fixed size images?
List pgsql-general
On 06/16/2014 08:10 PM, sunpeng wrote:
> We have many small size(most fixed size) images, how to store them? There are two options:
> 1. Store images in folders, managed by os file system, only store path in postgresql
> 2. Store image as bytea in postgresql
> How do you usually store images?
> Thanks!
>
> peng

I think it depends on how you are going to use them.  I, for example, have lots of images that are served on a web
page,after benchmarks I found it was faster to store them on filesystem and let apache serve them directly.

-Andy