Removing support for v1 and v2 protocols? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Removing support for v1 and v2 protocols?
Date
Re: Removing support for v1 and v2 protocols?  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Re: Removing support for v1 and v2 protocols?  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
List pgsql-odbc
Hi

I've just found a bug (followup mail to come) that seems to be tied up
in support for the old v1/v2 protocols.

Is there any reason to keep all that cruft? v3 was introduced in 7.4, in
2003-11-17 .

Also, I'm wondering why psqlODBC does so much of its own protocol
handling. It links to libpq, why doesn't it use it? There's a lot of
complicated code in there - see, e.g. CC_send_query_append, that seems
to duplicate much of what libpq its self does, and mix protocol handling
up with client driver logic.

I'm sure the bug I've just found isn't the only one lurking in that
protocol code. How much of it can just be removed by adopting more of libpq?