Re: Doubt about ODBC Driver - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Doubt about ODBC Driver
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 06/17/2014 04:57 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 06/17/2014 05:28 AM, Rodrigo Fabiam wrote:
>> Yes, it has.
>>

> Hmm, I just tried it on a fresh EC2 instance of 2008R2 and am seeing the
> same thing. I also installed the Redistributable Package like Denise
> suggested:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/BLU174-W51F216D661442D3B02EEE7AF200@phx.gbl
>
> but that did not work either. So I do not have a clue as to what is
> going on.

Ah, I see. I was also able to reproduce this on a fresh EC2 instance.
The package that you need is called:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

After installing that, it worked for me. The message you linked to
suggests that you need the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package, but
apparently the more recent installers are built against a newer
redistributable.

Is there any way we could build the driver so that it either doesn't
require that package, or to bundle it with the installer?

- Heikki