Re: Overlapping ranges - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: Overlapping ranges
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/18/2014 05:47 PM, Jason Long wrote:
I have a large table of access logs to an application.

I want is to find all rows that overlap startdate and enddate with any
other rows.

The query below seems to work, but does not finish unless I specify a
single id.

select distinct a1.id
from t_access a1,        t_access a2
where tstzrange(a1.startdate, a1.enddate) &&      tstzrange(a2.startdate, a2.enddate)

I'm sure you're best bet is a windowing function, but your descriptions suggests there is no index on start/end date columns.  Probably want those in any event.