Re: pg_restore: custom archiver unexpected end of file , ERROR: missing data for column - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ziggy Skalski
Subject Re: pg_restore: custom archiver unexpected end of file , ERROR: missing data for column
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2014-06-17, 5:33 AM, Khangelani Gama wrote:

Hi

I keep getting the following error when trying to restore a database on Postgres 9.2.4.

I used pg_dump –Fc with no owner from one server (8.4.2).  It’s working fine for other similar databases.

And then restoring the database on another server running on 9.2.4 using pg_restore –Fc. I get the get following error but I don’t get any errors when I dump the Database.

pg_restore: custom archiver unexpected end of file
ERROR: missing data for column "fpp_cde"
CONTEXT: COPY audit, line 2565159: "4585427 21~21~21 5143 0 2013-12-01 15:03:18.336718 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>\r\n<nonF..."
STATEMENT: COPY audit (aud_id, grp_cde, act_typ, aud_ver, usr_id, aud_device_id, aud_ts, aud_xml, aud_replication, fpp_cde, aud_doc_no, aud_doc_ts, br_cde, obo_br_cde, obo_aud_id, orig_trf_aud_id, orig_trf_br_cde, aud_build_number) FROM stdin;

but there is data for a column called fpp_cde

SELECT fpp_cde from audit where aud_id =4585427;

fpp_cde

---------

201311

(1 row)

Please help ,

Kind Regards,

Khangelani

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential
information of Argility (Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by anyone
other than the intended addressee is prohibited.If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer immediately
and destroy the e-mail. Argility (Proprietary) Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no liability
for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.

Hi there,

Did you do the pg_dump using 9.2 binaries or the 8.4 binaries?  It's recommended that you always use the newer binaries for dumping.  Also, have tried to do a pg_upgrade instead of the dump/restore?

Ziggy