Re: Add CREATE support to event triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Add CREATE support to event triggers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/6/14, 11:20 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> NOTICE:  JSON blob: {
>      "definition": [
>          {
>              "clause": "owned",
>              "fmt": "OWNED BY %{owner}D",
>              "owner": {
>                  "attrname": "a",
>                  "objname": "t1",
>                  "schemaname": "public"
>              }
>          }
>      ],
>      "fmt": "ALTER SEQUENCE %{identity}D %{definition: }s",
>      "identity": {
>          "objname": "t1_a_seq",
>          "schemaname": "public"
>      }
> }
> NOTICE:  expanded: ALTER SEQUENCE public.t1_a_seq OWNED BY public.t1.a

Apologies if this has been discussed and I missed it, but shouldn't part of the JSON be a field that indicates what
commandis being run? It doesn't seem wise to conflate detecting what the command is with the overall format string.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net