Re: Building psqlODBC installers - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Inoue, Hiroshi
Subject Re: Building psqlODBC installers
Date
List pgsql-odbc
(2014/06/13 21:33), Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> I found the procedure for building the installers quite cumbersome.
> There are several ways to do it, using the PowerShell installers, or
> Make.bat or Makex64.bat files, and you have to first build the right
> drivers versions etc.
>
> To simplify things, I invented yet another way to build the installers ;-).
>
> I pushed a patch that adds new targets to the top-level win64.mak file.
> The most interesting target is "world", which builds both x64 and x86
> versions of the driver, both ANSI and Unicode versions. And then it
> builds both x86 and x64 installers. All in one command:
>
> nmake /f win64.mak world
>
> I don't know how you've been building the official releases so far, but
> I would strongly recommend using this method. I'd like to remove the
> installer/make.bat and installer/makex64.bat files now. The only reason
> I didn't do that yet is that I don't actually do the official releases
> myself, so wanted to make sure this works for everyone.
>
> So: Hiroshi, Hiroshi, Dave, does this method work for you, for building
> the official builds? Would it be helpful to add new targets to build the
> various .zip files, for pushing directly to the FTP site?

It doesn't work under Visual Studio 2013 Express for Windows Desktop
because
  1. TARGET_CPU variable isn't set.
  2. setenv.cmd doesn't exist.

IIRC the only environment win64.mak works is Windows SDK 7.1.
One of the reason why I switched to MSBuild is to avoid such
kind of troubles.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue