Re: Building psqlODBC installers - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Inoue, Hiroshi
Subject Re: Building psqlODBC installers
Date
List pgsql-odbc
(2014/06/13 21:33), Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> I found the procedure for building the installers quite cumbersome.
> There are several ways to do it, using the PowerShell installers, or
> Make.bat or Makex64.bat files, and you have to first build the right
> drivers versions etc.

My intension was to use Powershell scripts.
It is not difficult to make the script to make all binaries
and installers but My main point is to use MSBuild and
always type ./BuildAll.bat ... to build binaries. It's not
necessary to build installers to test the changes of source
code. I've already explained the advantages to use MSBuild.
THe only disadvantage is it's unavailable for vc9 or before.
I strongly object to use nmake other than vc9 or before.

As for installers, other installers are welcome.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue